2016-17 RECITAL INFORMATION
There is only one show approximately two hours long in length starting at 11 am ET. The specific schedule will be available as we get closer to the event. The actual line-up will be posted at the studio as the date approaches.
DRESS REHEARSAL INFORMATION
- The dress rehearsal dateis 6/16/17 @ 4pm.
- Each dancer received specific information about the dress rehearsal including the start time. If your dancer has not provided this information to you, please see Michelle in the office.
- Plan to attend the rehearsal until approximately 3 hours after the start.
- All students must show up in full costume with appropriate hair style and makeup (see below for make-up tips).
- Competition numbers are not required to show up in costume because they already know how to prepare their costumes and makeup for the shows.
- Video and flash photography is allowed during the rehearsal ONLY. You will not be allowed to videotape or use flash photography during the show.
- The recital date is 6/17/17 @ 11am.
- Tickets must be purchased for students who want to watch the recital.
- Students must have their costumes covered by a jacket, shirt, robe, or other item at all times except during their actual performance. No student will be admitted to the show unless the costume is covered. No exceptions.
- Arrive an hour prior to the recital start time.
- A professional video of the recital will be available for purchase. To order, provide Michelle with the completed order form and purchase cost prior to the recital.
RECITAL MAKE-UP TIPS
- Skin - Make sure face is clean, moisturized, and dry.Use a sponge to smooth on foundation (either powder or liquid) over entire face, eyelids, and under eye area, blending into the neck.
- Eyes - With an eye shadow brush, highlight brow bone and inner corner of eye with light tan eye shadow. Apply darker brown eye shadow darkest at the lash line gradually fading up to highlighted brow bone. Apply the same darker brown eye shadow lightly under lower lashes from the middle of the lash line out past the corner of the eye. Do not line from inner corner of eye out. For dancers 7 years old and up, apply black eyeliner along the entire top lash line and coat both the top and bottom lashes with black water-resistant mascara
- Cheeks - With a blush brush, apply a rosy-colored blush starting at hairline and pulling color forward to apples of the cheeks.
- Lips - Line the lips and fill in with darker pink or reddish lipstick.